Sunday, May 15, 2011

running correctly

here's what i've been doing the past week, RUNNING THE RIGHT WAY. i used to push aside all those stories about barefoot running & all that, but now, my 'eyes are opened' & i'm less stubborn, haha. i still think barefoot running's bad, but the techniques involved in barefoot running is really essential and advantageous.

basically, it's running on the balls of our feet instead of it being heel first. almost everyone's natural stance of running is the heel-strike, but what it really does is that it causes lots of problems & for me, the darn knee injury )): which has been haunting me since j1. sooo, i can't really tell whether this method is effective but from my friends & colleagues that have done it, it REALLY DOES WORK. it'll probably take like 2 months for me to get used to it & this whole week, i kinda have much trouble walking because of my calves being in much ache & pain. sooo, in 2 months, goodbye knee pain! (i hope) :D


this kind of running, is proper, but it causes a lot of strain on our calf muscles. everyday i've been trying to find more calf stretching exercises. help!


No comments: