Tuesday, December 08, 2009

post marathon

42.195km
OMG, this marathon was a friggin' killer. the past two days have nearly been hell. still, i can't believe that i finished this race :D well, mk stayed overnight at my place & i didn't really have much sleep cause her sister called her in the middle of the night. woke up around 3.45am & had breakfast. went to yaojie's house to pick nicholas yaojie and wayne. deposited out bags and headed over to the starting line. never did i know that hell was beginning to start.

i was pretty much crusing through shenton way all the way to mountbatten. & just when we entered east coast park, those 'usain bolts' came out of east coast park, which means there were a friggin' 20km ahead! O_O my knees started to gave way real early & the route was like NEVER ENDING )): around 16km was where i started walking, but the pain in my knees & ankles were still manageable till like 30km onwards. it was really terrifying for me just to walk another step. ever step caused so much pain like needles being jammed into my soles & the pain went up to my thighs. & it was like this from like 18km onwards. my breaking points were from 30km - 38km. i think i was like completely delirious at this point of time. it's like, i couldnt even quit. had no $$$ to take a cab & the roads were blocked off to traffic. as we neared the finish line, we continued running till we crossed it.

i'm just glad that i have friends that were with me every step of this effing marathon. 10km is nothing. 21km is also nothing. but if you were to ask me to run more that 28km, just forget it. unless i'm sure that my knees & ankle joints are perfectly fine, then i'll run again. i don't think my joints can take on another long long long long long long distance marathons. if i do, i'll be in a wheelchair by 30 )):

to weijie, nicholas & junyang,
without you guys, i'll never have finished the race. i'll probably hop onto the sweeper bus. thanks for being with me, pushing me to complete this 42.195km. i know you guys could have prolly done better but i just thank God he gave me you guys. i know too that i could have done better if not for my joints. your encouragement & persistence is what i'm really thankful for <333

No comments: