Wednesday, March 14, 2007

ltc 2007

so, though it was optional for us NCOs to go for the sec3s Leadership Training Camp 2007, i WANTED to go. they were going to do kayaking and i cannot resist an opportunity like that to do sea sports. the sec4s which went were me, huiling, fion, atiqah, rahul, irysad and supposedly hengguang but he left on the 2nd day as his grandmother passed away. i only went for camp on the 2nd day. the instructors who went for the camp were leonard-sir, chanel ma'am and jonathan-sir.

it is so great to be a senior. when i arrived for camp, they were finishing breakfast. haha. confiscated desiree's softtoy monkey and pillow. i don't understand why cadets have to bring stuff that is not included in their packing list. they are only asking for trouble. all those confiscated sweets. there was also a confiscated packet of dried cuttlefish. aiyo.

during the kayaking practicals, i was kind of bored. fion, desiree, aaron and i had already passed our 1 star kayaking course. as atiqah came late, i had to partner rahul. seriously i was fuming and VERY pissed off at him. he was simply too sissy. he is seriously NOT MAN. i was left to do everything myself. the t-ex rescue really pushed me to the edge. this move is done by two, but in my case, i had to do it all alone. he was like just holding, floating in the water. while i had to pull the boat, lift the boat, hug the boat...... the instructors, i think they pitied me. anyway, the sec3 cadets were seriously un-cooperative as well. whatever chester told them to do, they would take their own sweet time to gather and stuff like that. i could tell that he really got pissed. the t-ex rescue drained my energy. i so wanted to scold rahul, tell him off, vent my anger on him, but i just kept that to myself. i had to control my rage HARD. i think the instructors could see my anger. i was VERY PATIENT with rahul. rahul somehow caused a huge bruise on my sexy left thigh. it is black, it is blue and it's purple. but it only hurts when i touch it. rahul kinda pissed everyone off during this ltc. even with the instructors.

after dinner, there were some lessons for the sec3s. they kinda had to practice their lesson presentation skills. i could see that they were super tired. jeremy kept on falling asleep. oh. ronald too. those dreary eyes. seetoh, to me, was the best. wonder what was in his mind that kept him awake. anyway, the cadets then had to go under some punishment that was to ferry us seniors around in their stretchers. man. to think i trusted my life in their hands. seriously, their evacuation skills aren't that good yet.

when it was time to sleep, EVERYONE did not care about brushing their teeth or washing their face. it was just SLEEP. everyone was so bummed out. the moment my head touched my sleeping bag, it was dreamland for me.


woke up to the sound of many alarm clocks. seriously, everyone was so kiasu. as usual, the cadets got punished in the wee hours of the morning. haha. desiree's eyes could not open. sealed shut. poor girl. anyway, the kayaking expedition started and it was only 16km compared to the other 2 kayaking expeditions with council. we were to kayak to the causeway and back to SAFYC again. luckily my partner was atiqah. to me, she was like a god-send angel. i just could not partner rahul due to the events of the day before. there was this point of time when i was so tired that i just sang songs with atiqah. i didn't care whether were i went out of tune. i just had to let the tiredness out of my body. through redcross, i learnt how to be high whenever i'm tired. so automatically, when i'm tired, i'll go high. please don't mind me. the expedition was succesful and it made me wary about the pollution in singapore. do you know that the waters around the senoko power station was hot. it was like close to boiling! it was hot hot hot. and it smells.

i have finally seen a jellyfish! it gave both atiqah and i a big scare. we were glad that we didn't capsize. it was round, big, and translucent. it was about 1m in diameter, with tentacles so long that it's whole height could be about 3m plus! we then kayaked quickly off.

when the kayaking expedition ended, we had to raft up at the pontoon. i told atiqah i was going to pee first. she said okay. so i jumped into the water and peed. got out, climbed onto the pontoon and walked into our kayak. then atiqah jumped in to pee. climbed out and up and back into the kayak. jeffrey and irysad jumped in and peed at the same time. haha. bubbles bubbles.

whenever i bathe after handling anything with fibreglass, i would scrub myself really hard to rid myself of fibreglass. saltwater is good for wounds. anyway, on the bus back to school, EVERYONE slept. i slept so soundly. tired out from kayaking, little sleep, preparing the kayaks for the next expedition for the ncc land and ncc sea. all the lifevests, kayaks and paddles.

debrief, yayy. seetoh won the title of the best cadet and junrong won the title of most improved cadet. yayy. it was raining, super heavily. upon reaching home, watched hanakimi, bathed, and then read some books, lazed around and lay on my bed reading again. damn. i fell asleep and only woke up at like 8am the next day. my body felt so weak. i just had to cancel all my prior arrangements today. my body just had not recovered fully. i thought that i could take it, but i could not. so, i just spent the rest of my day today doing all my holiday homework. i am just so proud of myself.

No comments: