Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Say A Little Prayer

Never have I prayed so desperately or urgently. Today after having lunch and resting for like an hour or so, I went to run 5km since I have not trained in a long time & have a Nike Goddess 5km Run on Saturday. The weather was not hot or anything, it was the perfect cool cloudy weather. Was aiming for a timing of 20mins but got 22mins instead. The thing is, the moment after I was done after my 5km and stopped, I immediately felt very weak, like my body was shutting down. My vision became clouded and blur. It became really hard to breathe. I felt like I was really going to die. I would not let myself collapse; would be pretty unglam & I did not want anyone to worry about me.

So I prayed my most earnest and desperate prayer; never did that in a long time. I think I was practically crying out to God and even constructing the words for praying took a toll on me. I trudged back to my HDB and pushed myself to put one feet in front of the other when climbing up the stairs. My vision was really bad and it was like vignetting on the edges, so I forced myself for a bit more to the sitting area under my block and told myself to just breathe properly. It probably took about 3 mins before my vision cleared and breathing regulated. My ear became one side deaf but thank God I survived the experience. I refused to allow myself to close my eyes and lie down.

I still don't know what happened but I'm just thankful for having someone up there that hears me and heals me.

I might not wake up tomorrow and some other day but I know I'm one of God's children and to be by His side is all that I want (or should want). May this experience continue to serve as a reminder to me to be a salt of the earth.

God is indeed showing 'stuff' in my life. Have had many 'experiences' and I shall try to list them down here in case I forget someday:
1) Supposed spiritual attack one night & laughing noises
2) Getting an A for A Levels and having to go on a mission trip
3) Having the worst abdominal pains when I was running early in the morning
4) Going through shitty problems during SAFRA 21KM last year
5) Again going through shitty problems during SCM 42.195KM last year

No comments: