Saturday, September 04, 2010

first for everything

FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL

yayy,the good thing is that I made many new friends,haha,but I wonder how many would last. so now at least during lectures & breaks,I have people to talk to :DD & not as lonely as like the first & second day of school.

don't really know what cca to join yet )): I'm quite certain on doing muaythai but I recently found out that they train somewhere in kallang -.- HELP. I didn't want canoeing or dragonboating cause they train at kallang & it's really far to go home

heehee,I'm currently studying the communication textbook at work. soooo hardworking. zzz. probably will have to complete that English 1 paragraph essay at work as well. zzz. feeling quite tired & I want food.

lemme see what I've learnt by reading the past few minutes:
- communication was known as rhetoric,also known as study of effective speaking & writing & the people whom are proficient in that are known as rhetorics
- these rhetorics usually use pathos (appealing to emotion),ethos (appealing to character) & logos (appealing to relativity of content) which are part of the five canons of rhetorics,as to how the people win over the audience.
- the five canons of rhetoric are invention,style,arrangement,memory & delivery.
- there are 4 periods of communication: classical,medieval,modern & contemporary
- classical period had famous people like Plato,Socrates & Aristotle
- medieval period had famous people like Augustine
- modern period had famous people like francis bacon & Rene Descartes

yayy me! this was done without referring to my book,with the exception of spelling of those names. 8 more pages to goooo!

No comments: