Saturday, April 10, 2010

FRIDAY

interschool national canoeing championships 2010
yayy, i'm proud of my juniors! yes, 2 silvers 1 bronze. you may think it's nothing, but it's really relative. like in the pj context, it's mindblowing-ly awesome & apparently the rest of the pj community doesn't understand the weight of the canoeing team getting podium finishes. i think like the school will never understand the canoeing team till like we get a team medal or if like the whole school comes down to watch the canoeing races. being plate champs is nothing. you are not the 1st, you are not the 2nd & you are not the 3rd. but i was & my juniors are. i have no idea why i'm like ranting now.

syc
i hate it when people bring in philosophy, morals, politics & evolution that kind of shit into conversations. yes, i know nothing about it that's why i dislike it & i do not intend to find out more about this kind of topics. like the topic of 'science & religion' for GP, like, WTH. i seriously don't even want to attempt that kind of question. there's no point teaching me that & spending like months on it. my mind just shuts off to it. yes, it is interesting with the stories & such.

BUT, today's session opened my eyes & ears a little to this kind of thing. today's syc was about evolution & like paul wanted to start things off with a debate. like wts, i know nuts about it & whatever both sides were talking about, i was totally blank. only when paul started 'lecturing', did things seem more interesting & understandable, seriously. it was really insightful but the only time i would probably been talking about such is when somebody questions my faith with the evolution theory.

i usually shut myself the moment i hear people talk about such. & when i knew paul was gonna talk about evolution, i was ready to shut my ears & brains. but when i knew that people were gonna use it to question my faith, i immediately opened my eyes & ears to be as receptive as possible. & me being receptive or such, only happens when i learn how to draw.

No comments: