Saturday, October 28, 2006

depress

:(

my grandfather passed away. around 5pm. i remember the times when he'll strike lottery and give treats to the whole family. he's the one who paid for my family's china trip. whenever when conversing with him, he would speak in chinese and i'll reply in hokkein. WOW. my chinese is lousier than hokkein. he's always cracking chinese jokes.

i remember when i was young, he would play with both my brother and me. he would play catching and hide-and-seek with us. those were the days. i was glad when he quitted smoking in i think year2000. i was elated when he accepted CHRIST in september2006. he's the best grandfather i've ever had.

when he still had his wife, my grandmother, he was all loving and doting on her. sigh. i now realised that i've lost both my grandparents and that my mummy has lost both her parents. my mummy's heart must be seriously devasted.

during this period in 2006, i think my grandfather knew that his health was deterioating fast, so he accepted christ. he also really appreciated every family gathering. the last one was at sembawang or serangoon, at bottle tree village. devastation. i didn't go. sobs.

when i received the news of my grandfather's death, iwas like don't bluff me la. apparently not. it was real. so, reality sank in. i was shocked. flabbegasted.

anyway, i'm glad he's accepted christ. :)

No comments: